Starbucks Consumer vs Investor: Here’s a quick take on how the consumer vs investor mindset would have played out for a Starbucks (or any coffee shop) consumer vs an investor. The same logic can be applied to anything you consume – be it food, physical goods, digital services. We thought it would be interesting for you to see this perspective.
Starbucks Consumer vs Investor: Assumptions For the Comparison
The Starbucks Investor invested $4 every trading day (toward the closing of the market) using the fractional shares feature in the Starbucks stock.
The Starbucks Consumer purchased a cappuccino for $4 on every working day i.e. same days as the stock market was open in the US.
Adjusted Close Price has been used for the analysis. Dividend adjustments are incorporated in the price. Any other bonus/dividend that the investor might have received, and has not been considered in adjusted close price by Yahoo Finance, is not computed in this study.
Conclusion of Starbucks Consumer vs Investor Comparison – Who Did Better?
The Starbucks Consumer would have spent $5,032 on 1,258 cups of cappuccino over the last 5 years.
The Starbucks Investor would own 79.40 shares of the Starbucks stock worth $8,718 (dividends excluded) as of May 13, 2021.
So, Who Did Better?
There’s no right answer here. For some, the 1,258 cups of cappuccino are totally worth it, while others might prefer to have the $8,700 instead.
A mixed strategy might be the best option for most people – a little splurge, a little investment for the perfect balance! After all, we all love a good cup of coffee.
Fresh from the Blog
- FICO Credit Score Explained: 5 Critical Components
- 12 Best Credit Cards For Millennials: $0 Annual Fee Cards Included
- 8 Common Credit Card Mistakes To Avoid For Beginners
- 11 Best Credit Cards For Digital Nomads: Including $0 Annual Fee Cards
- 12 Best Credit Cards For Farmers: Including Zero Annual Fee Cards
- 12 Best AI Story Generators: Write Stories, Blogs, and Novels With AI
- 12 Best AI Video Generators From Text: Convert Scripts To Videos With AI
- Learn Finance Through Gaming – What Can 4 Popular Games Teach Us?
- 8 Best AI Video Enhancers And Editors: Upscale With AI
- 20 Best AI Art Generators From Text – Text To Image AI Tools 
- 40 Best AI Writing Tools and Pricing Plans 
- 3 Useful Tips To Get A Personal Loan With A Low Credit Score